Successful gift giving for the time strapped executive
One of the key factors that can turn joyous occasions for
gift giving like Christmas into a soul searching, bank balance
threatening time of trauma and turmoil is the time factor,
never mind crowds, bad parking, ungrateful recipients or people
who seem to have everything. We give you some quick prompts
to get you in the right frame of mind and then list links
to some of the best online shopping sites to save you time
To shop online successfully, you need to be in the right
frame of mind, so pour yourself a glass of wine, shift your
mindset away from the feeling of your potential failure at
selecting the perfect gift towards what would elicit a joyful
and appreciative response from them and let your heart do
Select a name
- What makes this person's special? (Spouse, great aunt
who I will inherit from etc)
- What is special to this person? (A love of animals, their
- What would they love to have? (An iPod, a holiday, a
- What would they wish to have? (A massage, a cleaner for
- What do they need? (A party dress, decent kitchen knives)
- What do they never have enough of? (Placemats, writing
- What do they need to replace? (Slippers, swimming goggles)
- What makes them laugh? (Funny films, comics)
- What hobbies, interests or passions do they have? (Reading,
golf, walking, music)
- What would they enjoy tasting, smelling, seeing or hearing?
(Truffles, a great wine)
- What would they love to read or learn? (NASA’s
Read the small print.
Place your order in time for pre-Christmas delivery (avoid
the last week)
Check the shipping which can add up quickly. Several stores
are offering flat rate shipping regardless of the number of
items as a Christmas special.
Before entering your card details, ensure the transaction
is secure - look for the https:// URL and the closed padlock
icon in your browser window.
Check how and when the product will be delivered, and their
Keep a record of the transaction until your items arrive.
“Create wealth and spend it. Spend lavishly and then
share it and give it to others. Give it to your children,
to your family, to your relatives, to your friends, to society
and to the world. For wealth is of the universe and it does
not belong to us -- we belong to it."
- Deepak Chopra, MD